At the Academic Piano Studio, piano lessons are personally designed to each individual, based on one-on-one instruction.
Lessons are offered for all ages and levels, Monday thru Saturday - 30, 45 or 60 minutes in lenght and include private piano instruction as well as theory, ear-training and sight-playing. As part of
Academic Piano Club, students participate in 3-4 studio recitals, Festivals of Music Clubs, National Guild
Auditions, and various competitions.
If you choose to study at the studio, you can reserve a place in our teaching schedule for $25.
Piano lesson fees:
Students, ages 5-7 ... 30 minutes ... $30
Students, ages 8-13 ... 45 minutes ... $40
Students, ages 14 and up ... 1 hour ... $50
Adults ... 1 hour ... $50
Tuition does not include books and teaching materials, Academic Music Club fee, competition fees, Festival fees, and Guild audition fees.
Lesson length can be adjusted upon teacher’s observation and personal improvement of each student. Students taking multiple lessons a week are likely to develop and improve more rapidly.
For registration form and club information, download the files below.
In order to have continued progress and excellence in piano study, attendance is extremely important. Please make sure that your child arrives punctually to his/her lesson with music, assignment book, and any other relevant materials. Also, it is required that students have clean hands and trimmed nails. No food, gum, drinks or cell phones during lessons.
1. Missed Lessons. Each lesson is reserved exclusively for the student. Missed lesson are not made up, and fees may not be adjusted.
2. Studio closure. The studio will observe certain holidays, and will be closed for those days. However, there may be times when your child will not have school but the studio will be
open. Please refer to the studio calendar as you will be responsible for your lesson time on any studio working day. When the studio is closed no tuition payment is necessary.
Studio NON working days:
3. Make-up lessons. NO make-up lessons will be given except in case of emergency (hospitalization, death in immediate family or bed illness other than a simple cold). If you/or your child becomes unexpectedly sick, call the studio right away.
Lessons cancelled for teacher illness and emergencies will be made up or the tuition fee will be credited. Due to a high number of students, make-up lessons will be scheduled on any open day. There are no exceptions to this policy.
If you wish to discontinue piano lessons, a one month notice is required.
Regrettably, we will have to dismiss a student if any of these circumstances occur:
1. Repeated failure to pay tuition on time.
2. Persistent absences.
3. Uncooperative attitude.
4. Lack of progress due to insufficient practice or unfulfilled requirements.
The goal of our studio is to provide a well-balances musical education to all students. Studying music can be enjoyable and rewarding and is a skill that can last a lifetime, but it takes commitment from the parents as well as the teachers and students. This commitment is necessary to the success of the student.
Your instrument -
Even the best teacher cannot produce a good student unless the student’s piano is in good condition. It is very difficult to enjoy playing on and out-of-tune instrument. It is also difficult to develop strong listening skills or pedaling skills on a poor instrument. Following problems with your instrument need immediate repair:
1. Piano has not been tuned in a year
2. Keys that do not play at all
3. Keys that stick or do not repeat as fast as needed
4. Missing key-tops (a terrible hindrance to fingers)
5. Mechanical problems with the pedal